In general, any lesson cancelled by you with fewer than 48 hours notice must be paid for except in exceptional circumstances. In past years I have considered serious snowfall to constitute ‘exceptional circumstances’ but I thought it would be helpful to provide a little more clarity as to how this might apply in practice.
- If schools local to the teacher or to the student are closed, the lesson will be cancelled and a replacement lesson time will be offered to take place during the current term.
- If schools local to both parties remain open, and the student cancels, the lesson will be charged for and no replacement time will be offered.
- In the case of Saturday lessons the above will take account of whether Amersham Music Centre is open or closed.
- If students live within reasonable walking distance then they should make every effort to get to the scheduled lesson; if students cancel in these conditions then an offer to make up the lesson will be at the teacher’s discretion.
- In all cases you also have the option of taking your lesson at the normal time via Zoom or Skype if you prefer.