About the teacher
I have been teaching piano for over fifteen years and have never stopped learning from experience in that time - I hope I never will! But I do have sound qualifications 'on paper' as well: here is a brief summary of those, my background and experience, and the continuing professional development I invest in to keep my skills fresh.
Balliol College Oxford
Diploma in piano performance
ALCM (London College of Music)
CTABRSM (Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music)
MA in Education with Distinction
MAODE (Open University UK)
Private music teacher in France and the UK since 2003, on an individual and small group basis
Music supply teacher at Key Stage 1 and Key Stage
Music leader at Montessori Nursery school
CPD & Memberships
Duty of care
You have a right to be treated with care and respect at all times, and I work hard to keep up to date with current protection legislation and procedures, in particular:
- Child protection policy
- Local Authority training in ‘Safeguarding Children in Education’ & 'Including All Children: Autistic Spectrum Disorder'
- DBS enhanced disclosure certificate (most recent issue January 2018)
- Chaperone license for children taking part in concerts and festivals.
- Full public liability insurance
- Registered as self employed with HMRC
- Registered as a GDPR data controller with ICO